Perspective is everything

I know I've been vocal about how crappy our life has been these past few months.  We've had a lot of really annoying things over the past year. 

2009 was the year that life crashed around me.  I try to compare what life has thrown at me this year with that year and they don't even compare.  It's like complaining about a splinter when you know the pain of a broken leg.  Yes, they both hurt, but one is more of an annoyance that anything; the other is pain.

I remember that pain.  Yet, tonight I was reminded again.  There is a family in our church, a family I don't actually know, who lost their daughter last night to a long 2 year battle with cancer.  It is gut wrenching and horrible and devastating.  It is impossible.  I have been sobbing for their loss for the past hour.  My heart is remembering my own loss, thinking on loosing one of my children, and the loss of their sweet, beautiful, innocent daughter... it's more sad that words can express.  

My life right now is a freaking cake walk in comparison to their current journey.  I know it, I've walked it. 

Perspective is everything.

I am so sad for that family.  In my own circumstances, where life is annoying, I choose to dwell on the good rather than complain. Friends, help me to do this.   

"Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things." Philippians 4:8


*Please pray for that family.  They could use every bit of prayer to get them though this.*

Comments

Popular Posts